Personal Information: Hackney Wow promise never to sell your personal information to a third party without your express permission. However, it may be necessary for us to reveal your personal information in the following instances: a) should we be required to do so by law or court order; b) to protect the legal rights or property of Hackney Wow; c) in connection with a transfer or disposition of Hackney Wow and/or the Site; and/or d) to a third party in connection with their provision of technical services.
Usage Information: in addition to the above, Hackney Wow will collect non-personally identifiable information about the way in which you, our followers, use the Site. This can be anything from the amount of time you spend on the Site to the links you click on whilst on the Site. This information is not personally identifiable and will not only help us provide valuable information to our advertisers (so we can ensure the longevity of the Site) but will also enable us to make sure the Site can function effectively from a technical perspective.
Google Analytics: here at Hackney Wow, our Site also uses Google’s web analytics tool “Google Analytics”. Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’ to track and collect anonymous information about the way in which you find and use the Site. It very helpfully produces a report of this data which we can then use to improve the Site and in turn, your Hackney Wow experience. As you know, a ‘cookie’ is a piece of data created when you visit the Site that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. This ‘cookie’ stores information, such as what time your visit occurred, whether you have been to the Site before, and how you arrived there. You can disable ‘cookies’ by using the appropriate feature of your web browser software, if available (see your internet browser provider’s website for more information). However, please note that if you do decide to ‘say no to cookies’ it is possible that this will affect the operation of the Site.
Images: Hackney Wow also use transparent images. We use these images to track the newsletters that we send out.
Removing/amending your details: should you wish to have your personally identifiable information amended or removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with your request. In order to unsubscribe from our newsletters please click on the clear unsubscribe links in the newsletter emails where you can amend or update your subscription.
Security: all the information described above is stored on our Hackney Wow restricted database servers. As far as reasonably possible we will endeavor to protect the information you entrust us with. However, such is the nature of the internet, no security system can be 100% secure. It is therefore important to note that you provide all such information at your own risk.
Terms & conditions
1. Acceptance: www.hackneywow.co.uk (“the Site”) and the correspondence distributed by the Site (“the Newsletters”) (the Site and the Newsletters together forming “the Service”) are provided free of charge to you by Hackney Wow, also referred to here as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’. These Terms and Conditions (“T&C’s”) govern your use of the Service.
2. Access: the Site is intended for use by you within the United Kingdom and Hackney Wow make no warranty or representation that the content of the Site or the Newsletters are suitable for viewing in any territory outside the United Kingdom. Should you access the Service from territories outside the UK you do so at your own risk and are personally responsible for complying with all local laws that may apply.
3. Amendments to T&C’s: we reserve the right to amend the T&C’s at any time without notice, so please do ensure that you check them on a regular basis. Should you continue to use the Service you will be deemed to have accepted any revised terms and conditions. From time to time we may choose to supplement these T&C’s with additional terms and conditions (“Additional T&C’s”) (for example in connection with a competition we are running), these will be clearly displayed within the content of the text to which the revised terms & conditions apply.
4. Registration: although parts of the Site can be accessed without the need to register with us, you will need to sign up in order to receive the Newsletters and to access certain parts of the Site.
When you sign up you are confirming that you are over 18 years of age or, if you are a minor over 13 years of age, that you have obtained parental consent to use that part of the Service you are registering for.
Once you have signed up, you confirm that any information you provide us with from time to time is true, accurate and complete. We reserve the right to terminate your account without notice should you fail to comply with this statement.
5. Your Account: when you sign up it will be necessary for you to create a password for your account. You must keep this confidential and should not disclose it to a third party.
You are responsible for all activities that occur under the password you use to access your Hackney Wow account. It is therefore important that you contact us immediately should you suspect that a third party is accessing your account.
Should you forget your password please click here, pop in the email address you signed up with, and we will send you the relevant details.
7. Newsletters: when you sign up you may select to receive any of the Newsletters. If you do not wish to receive these you may unsubscribe at any time. Simply sign in and visit the ‘my account’ page to amend and submit your new details.
8. Intellectual Property: all copyright, trade marks (registered or unregistered), design rights, database rights and other intellectual property rights of any nature arising from the material, content and information on the Site and within the Newsletters, including the design, layout and organisation, are owned or licensed by Hackney Wow.
Hackney Wow grants express permission for you to access, download, or print material from the Site and Newsletters for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not amend the material in any way. Except where expressly stated, none of the material on the Site or within the Newsletters, may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form by any means, including but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of Hackney Wow.
9. Third Party Web Sites, Goods and Services: on the Site, and within the Newsletters there are links to third party web sites. We make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality or legality of any such sites to which we may provide links, or of any of the goods or services available from such sites.
All matters concerning any goods and services that you purchase from a third party site, including without limitation all contract terms, are solely between you and the owner of that site and Hackney Wow will not be liable for any costs or damages to you or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any third party website. You hereby agree to waive any claim you might have against Hackney Wow with respect to any such sites.
10. User Content: here at Hackney Wow we encourage each of you to submit your favourite places with us on the Service (and any platforms connected to the Service including facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram) and to review or comment on the places shared by others or send us questions, comments, tips, suggestions, recommendations and the like. We call this information user generated content (“User Content”) and it comprises any material (including without limitation text, images, location information, comments, data, text, graphics, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit, upload, create, distribute, email or post to Hackney Wow via the Service (and any platforms connected to the Service including facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram), for whatever purpose.
Hackney Wow are unable to guarantee the authenticity of any User Content and as part of your use of the Service (and any platforms connected to the Service including facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram) you acknowledge that User Content accessed or submitted by you using the Service, whether publicly or privately is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible and liable for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to your User Content (and all content included therein).
By submitting User Content to Hackney Wow via the Service and any platforms connected to the Service (including facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram or otherwise) you grant Hackney Wow and our associated third parties a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable and fully sub-licensable right to: (a) use, reproduce, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, translate and distribute User Content in any existing or future media, advertisements, marketing materials or platforms (now known or hereafter devised), applications or any other medium as part of the Service; and (b) use the name connected with your User Content in the form of an accreditation at our discretion. You further grant Hackney Wow the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Hackney Wow’s rights in User Content by a breach of these T&C’s. You acknowledge and agree that User Content is non-confidential and non-proprietary. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
You warrant and represent that the User Content you submit to Hackney Wow is not illegal or unlawful, does not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and is not capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Hackney Wow or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). You warrant to Hackney Wow that your User Content is appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet. User Content must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false; - be obscene or indecent; - infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right; - infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation; - constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement; - constitute an incitement to commit a crime; - be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order; - be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation; - be blasphemous; - be in breach of official secrets legislation; - be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person; - depict violence in any form - be pornographic [or sexually explicit]; - be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading; - consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage; - constitute spam; - be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; - cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person; - link to any third party site or page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on the Services, breach the provisions of these T&C’s; or - be or have been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove, without prior notice, any User Content submitted to the Services, stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon the Site for any reason, and to terminate or refuse your access to the Site and Services for any reason. NB. Hackney Wow does not endorse any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed within User Content and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties: Hackney Wow is providing the Service on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Service or its content and disclaims all such representations and warranties.
You understand the Hackney Wow cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the Site and within the Newsletters. We are not liable for any errors, emissions or results obtained from utilising any of this information. Although we provide an information service for the benefit of you the general public, this information is provided on the basis that neither Hackney Wow or any of its employees, contractors, consultants or members are engaged in providing any medical, counseling, legal or any other professional advice or service and therefore cannot be relied upon. Hackney Wow advise you to always seek professional advice for any problem or situation with which you require assistance.
Hackney Wow shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by the information referenced or contained on either the Site or the Newsletters. No information or advice (written or oral) shall imply a warranty by Hackney Wow unless specifically made within these T&C’s or imposed by law. You acknowledge that your use of the Site and Newsletters is undertaken at your own risk.
11. Limitation of Liability: except as required by law, neither Hackney Wow nor any of its employees, contractors or consultants are liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site, the Newsletters or any information contained within them. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
12. Termination and Remedies for Breach of these Terms: Hackney Wow will be entitled to restrict, suspend or terminate your membership and/or deny you access to the Site and/or the Newsletters or take such other action as we deem appropriate if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you are in breach of any of the T&C’s or that your use of the Site and/or the Newsletters is inappropriate or otherwise unacceptable.
The restriction, suspension or termination of our service pursuant to this section will be without prejudice to any rights which Hackney Wow may have against you in respect of your breach of these T&C’s.
13. Indemnity: you agree to indemnify and hold each of Hackney Wow, its employees, contractors or consultants harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable solicitors fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site and/or the Newsletters, the violation of these T&C’s by you, or the infringement by you, or any other subscriber of your account, or of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
14. Applicable Law: these T&C’s shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. Miscellaneous: any failure or delay by us to enforce strict performance on you of any of the T&C’s or to exercise any right under the T&C’s will not be construed as a waiver of our rights.
Hackney Wow reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these T&C’s (and any Additional T&C’s) to any third party without your consent. Upon such assignment Hackney Wow shall be relived of any further obligation that arises under these T&C’s (and any Additional T&C’s).